Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home Grown Tomatoes

I always love home grown tomatoes but I don't have a green thumb. I forget to water my flowers and they dry out in the Oklahoma heat. But I have found the solution to my problem. The Topsy Turvey, an upside down plant grower. I saw an infomercial for it and now I just have to have it. Because not only do you get one of these fantastic items (its a tube that you put your plant in, turn upside down, fill with topsoil and then water, hang from the eaves) you get a second one free. Yes, they will double the offer just for me. Plus they add in a tomato holder that will allow you to slice your tomato evenly. And a recipe guide so I know how to use the 30 pounds of tomatoes that each of these tubes will produce.

For those of you interested, you can see it yourself at: http://www.hangingtomato.com/

1 comment:

  1. huh... something to think on. We're not very good gardeners either. in fact, for the most part, we're really, really bad at it. but we continue to try. i wonder if we could grow children that way. hang upside down, add topsoil and water and watch them grow!

    ReplyDelete