Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pom Mom

Whitney made the varsity pom team yesterday so now I'm really officially a pom mom. What does a pom mom do you may wonder? First I have to make sure all the uniforms fit properly so that means a trip to Kim's Alterations. Then there is the pom gifts for camp. The last two years I've been on the bag group which entails making sure the girls like the bags to carry their shoes and water bottles and make them unique. Then there is the golf tournament. I've gotten away without doing anything the last two years for this because it is a varsity event, but now I have to do something. I hate being outdoors and of course the end of May in Oklahoma is not kind to fair skinned people. I'm not sure exactly what job I will have to do but I'll find out this week. Then there is finding four golfers who want to play at $100/each and $400 worth of hole sponsors. And of course I will become a faithful fan of Norman Tiger football and basketball.

All this being said, I am very proud of Whitney and what she has accomplished. When she sets her mind to something, she is unbeatable.


******UPDATE******

Once again, I am the bag lady for pom. Wonder I can make it four for four next year?

3 comments:

  1. Great going Whitney!!! So glad you made varsity! Sounds like our pom mom is going to be very very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Whitney and to you! Have fun being a pom mom! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be a good bag lady...

    ReplyDelete