Monday, May 25, 2009

Reflections of the month of May

May is always a busy month in our house. I always have a conference to go to and lots of work to do before the end of the fiscal year. Whitney has the end of school and dance recital plus now she is getting ready to work. Dan just has to put up with both of us being stressed out (a lot of extra work for him there). This month has flown by and I realize that there still is a week left because Memorial Day is early but I still don't think I've accomplished much. Here is what I would like to do but don't know when I can do it.

1. Plant flowers. I always say I'm going to take care of flowers and then it gets hot and I hate to go outside to even water them. I don't really look at them, so I think I'll skip it this year.

2. Take walks outside. I said I would wait until the weather is nicer to walk outside and it is nicer now. How many walks have I taken? Two. One at work during lunch and one after work in the neighborhood. I really need to do more because I'm not working out at all.

3. Exercise on the Wii Fit. I looked at the calendar and I think I've done it three times this month. Definitely not enough for any kind of aerobic benefits. Need to get back to doing that.

4. Write our will. I've owned software for four years to do it ourselves (legal in Oklahoma) and so far I haven't cracked it open. I tried once when I bought it (two computers ago) and it still isn't done. I don't suggest this for anyone out there.

5. Buy a car. I actually did accomplish this one so maybe there is hope for me yet.

3 comments:

  1. Like I tell Whitney, you need to chill out and relax. Don't be so hard on yourself. The most important things always get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May does seem to be our craziest month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to make lists of what I've accomplished. It makes me feel so much more productive and shows what I HAVE done. Of course, I do also have to keep track of things that I need to get done, just because I'll forget, but you'd be amazed by how much we do when we're not even trying.

    ReplyDelete