Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Going to try a new blog hop today.



1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?

Dan and I just watched a whole series on the entire space program. I certainly think that it is a lot of money that we have spent on space exploration (over $1.5 billion on the space station alone). And now that they aren't flying the space shuttle, how much use is the space station if something happens with the Russians? I think there are too many problems here on earth to really focus a lot of money and attention on space. And no I don't want to go into space.

2. What are three things in your freezer?

Mozzarella cheese, ice bags, hamburgers.


3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living-no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
 
I would probably say Prince, but that may have been more in his heyday. Maybe Lady Gaga? I'm not a big concert person so it would have to be a SHOW!


4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?


I like ice but it really doesn't matter to me. Our freezer gives us cubes but we can change it to crushed. I rarely do, but I can if needed.
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story here in more detail but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?


I think the restaurant can decide who they want to serve. If you don't like it, don't go there. My child was a well-behaved one but there were still times when something happened and you knew it was interupting others. I have some tolerance to it, but if I go out to a nice restaurant, I don't want to hear crying, yelling or someone being told to sit down.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?


A Toyota Corrolla. I bought it and didn't know how to drive it since it was a stick. Dan had to teach me. He test drove it and said it was good.
7. If I had a nickel for every time I __________ I'd be rich.

How about burping? It seems as I've gotten older I do it all the time. I'm having major acid reflux the last few years and this is how it really manifests itself. I try and be polite and not make it noisy, but even if you keep your mouth closed, everyone can hear it.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Just got the book list for Whitney's first semester of college and with used books from amazon we can keep the costs under $400 for 7 books. I'm super excited about that.

4 comments:

  1. My second daughter is beginning her senior year of uni-maybe I should have said if I had a nickel for every college textbook I've been bought I'd be rich : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did a great job on the textbooks! That bill is always a big one, it seems. An exciting time sending one off to college. Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That still sounds like a lot of money on books :/ I homeschool my kids, so I know how much books cost! I try to buy them used when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught up with the story of the place that won't serve kids. I'm all for it---too many times I've tried to be celebrating something special, at a place I really saved up for, only to listen to screaming, see kids tearing around, breaking things. If parents knew how to parent, I wouldn't be so firm about this, but these days...you just never know what you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete