Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Retirement Plan at Work

We are getting a new retirement plan at work. Today was an info session. The best part is I think I'm falling in love with investments again. I used to have a stock market account and did tons of research on which stock to buy. Why I never applied that to my retirement accounts I don't know. But now the choices are endless. I have the time. I have the energy. I have the drive. I have incentive.

Now it is time to sit down and plan. YIPPEE!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Tracy. I am excited for you. Always good to have retirement.

    Our 401Ks got wiped out in the last two market crashes and we just decided to invest on our own. It is too risky anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,
    Noooooooooooo! You are better off making an asset allocation plan and sticking to it. All that choice in mutual funds is a surefire recipe for disaster. Read this: http://www.slate.com/id/2124357/ before you start choosing mutual funds yearly.
    Lak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really enjoy researching this stuff... Yuck I say. From what I hear they are reducing our medical choices where I work, I am sure our forced retirement plan will be next.

    ReplyDelete