Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea


So what's on my mind this Friday? Glad you asked.

That World Series game last night was a doozy. I'm glad I'm not a die-hard fan of either team because the tension would have killed me. Believe me, I've been in that situation with the Braves and don't envy them. But it was a great game even if it did last 4 1/2 hours.

The rain from yesterday is gone and it is sunny today but cool. Thank you cooler temperatures. We even turned the heat on in the house.

There is no public school on Monday for "professional" day. What are these kids going to do on Halloween without any school to wear their costumes all day? I guess the parents had to work extra hard to make sure they had one because I bet there are lots of parties today.

I'm enjoying a day that doesn't have a meeting or teleconference scheduled. Boy those sure eat into your time and make you feel rushed all day.

Whitney is bringing home a sorority sister for Thanksgiving because she can't go home. This will be a new experience for us...two teenagers in the house at the same time. We look forward to having her and making sure she doesn't get too homesick. I know if I were her parents I would be grateful that she got to go somewhere instead of staying in the dorms. How good is the cafeteria going to be?

And the most exciting news, I had a job offer that my current position countered with more money. So I'm staying and getting a raise! I celebrated by buying a bottle of Prosecco and toasting myself.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy the back and forth tension of game like that. I dislike blow-outs.
    Congrats on getting your company to value you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on keeping your job - it is always so nice to know that your company values you!

    It's great you're taking in your daughter's friend for the holiday, it would have been so lonely to stay at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the game last night drove me completely batty and I was screaming and yelling and cheering sometimes all in the same inning.

    I totally want the Cardinals to win.

    Don't know if I'll be able to watch tonight's game after last night any more stress will likely make me blow an aneurism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the raise, it is always nice when the place you work realizes you are important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kindness you are showing Whitney's sorority sister is really wonderful! Being so far from home, I appreciate so much having locals welcome me to celebrate holidays with them. You have such a big heart Tracy! :) Congrats on the raise! They are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I work at a school and don't like "professional days" either. I'd rather have the kids there! They should have planned the professional day on TUESDAY the day after the Halloween festivities! You see, I really just need to rule the world.

    ReplyDelete