Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Night and I'm Feeling Alright

After getting home at 1am this morning and not sleeping well, I woke up to having Whitney home waiting on the couch to give me a hug. That was a good way to start the day. I had even stopped at Walmart at 12:30 in the morning to make sure she had breakfast since our house was woefully short on food since I hadn't shopped for two weeks. So the first order of business today was to find out what she wanted to eat while home and then make the trip to Walmart to shop. She came along so she could get stuff to take back to college. Needless to say, the bill was much larger than normal between two weeks of food and then her stuff. Good thing this doesn't happen every week. We had to fight over the washing machine but she won because she had nothing to wear.

Tonight was Dan's famous pizza for dinner. Always is the first choice for dinner when Whitney is home. It was very good tonight. She also wants spaghetti (which she claims is terrible in the cafeteria) and chili.

We even fit in a short shopping trip for boots/shoes for her. It was a quick trip and found what she was looking for almost right away. How often does that happen? Tonight is the OU football game, which should be over fairly quickly. And we are watching the Detroit/Texas baseball game which seems to be over after three innings (go Rangers!)

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to serving at church. I missed it last week since we were on vacation and I really do miss everything about it. And with my business trip this week I also missed the monthly worship service that is always inspirational.

I hope that we will get to bathe the dog tomorrow. She desperately needs one and stinks so bad when she comes in from outside. I'm afraid if we don't get it done tomorrow she'll never get clean and we'll smell her for months over the fall/winter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment