Monday, November 21, 2011

Crafty Update

The pot pouri smelled pretty good but I think it isn't going to work as a gift. I may try and find a recipe that doesn't involve having to cook it on the stove.

I was think for the candle I might try and find some pretty pins to cover the ribbon seam. The button idea Skippymom had may work too. I would just need to find the right kind. The ribbon is sparkly snowflakes so that limits the buttons.

I made cookie in the jar mix last year so can't do that again. That worked well for most people but my boss looked at it like it was a foreign object. Too complicated for him.

At least I have a few weeks to figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. Have you done bean soup in a canning jar? You buy several different types of dried beans, layer them in the jar [they make a pretty rainbow pattern] add a bay leaf, close and attach the recipe to the top [super easy - I can pass it along - oh & cheap too] I made these one year and they were very popular. My Mom thought her's was too pretty to use. She kept it on the counter for years afterward. lol

    White and blue buttons should work with snowflake ribbons - or try and find a small bag of snow flake stickers [shiny] or charms at the craft store for cheap.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete