Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Earth moved and other things

Saturday there was not one but two earthquakes in Oklahoma. The first one was at 2 in the morning and I slept through it. But the second one was at 11 pm and it was 5.4 and we ALL felt it. It was quite something. My facebook newsfeed blew up in the minutes after and we could get a text out to Whitney to check on her. It felt much crazier to her on the 7th floor of her dorm. Terrifying was her description.

Today I flew to Washington DC for a meeting and had a couple of interesting things. First the woman behind me was in above the knee, skintight leopard boots. She probably had 30-40 bracelets. She was on her way to LA to become a model. Of course I got to overhear the whole conversation on the flight.

The woman in front of me almost had a breakdown because the flight didn't have snacks for sale. Now mind you this is a 30 minute flight from OKC to Dallas. They announced that there would be only limited beverage service. And she didn't understand why they didn't have snacks when the on-flight magazine said they did. Listen lady, it is less than 30 minutes, you can wait to you get to Dallas and buy something there.

I'm not sure what to think about the fact that the plane took several minutes before they okayed us for takeoff because they were "calculating our weight" since we were a full flight. That doesn't sound good.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. the 'joys' of air travel....not so much....

    Glad you and Whitney are ok after the earthquake! I'm just catching up on the news in the US and had no idea!!

    ReplyDelete