Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Or How Did I Spend My Vacation?



Good questions this week From This Side of the Pond


1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!)

Last year I skipped sending cards (except for the cards I handed out with homemade gifts to co-workers and neighbors). I still have 2+ boxes of really cute puppy dog cards that will just have to be slowly handed out because I'm not mailing them out anymore. First of all I never sent out many to start with, second all the people I would want to send them to are Facebook friends (except my Mom who refuses to be on a computer). If I get any, they go in a basket next to the fireplace.

2. When do kids become adults?

I think when they move out of the house. Whitney turned 18 just one month into her senior year of high school and while technically an adult, I never thought of her that way. After she returned home at Thanksgiving I realized how much mature she was just a few months out of the house.  In otherwords it isn't age it is seasoning that makes you an adult.

3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons?

Nope, I do the same thing every day. Only difference is maybe a little more lotion on the legs at night.

4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose?

When I was young I would have said ketchup on scrambled eggs but I don't do that anymore. But now I think I'm pretty normal and do anything strange. I do like sushi and I know a lot of people don't like that.

5. Gloves or mittens?

Definitely gloves. While mittens are warmer (and important for a kid making snowmen) it doesn't help the driving aspect of my life.

6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer?

Well this answer is obviously the lines at Disneyland last Christmas. The longest lines I've ever been in (even beat the lines at Disneyworld at Christmas). Would I do it again? Probably not there but I'll go to Disneyworld anytime.

Second longest, waiting in line for security at Paris Charles DeGalle airport. Oh my, I thought we were going to miss our flight home but lucky for us there were kind people who let us cut in the line to check in our luggage (which was another 2 hours wait) and that there were people farther back in line than us for our flight. That was absolutely the worst flying experience.

7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December?

My 10 day offs of work with only taking 2 days of vacation. The most generous holiday policy I've ever seen is saving up the holidays by OU for the "winter" break. So we are off Dec. 23-Jan. 2 with only two of those days as vacation days. No arguing for time off. We all get it off.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My car accident settlement check is in the mail! I've already paid all my bills so now have to plan what to use it for. I've got ideas but just need to put some things in motion.

5 comments:

  1. Great hodgepodge today! Every year I cut back more and more on cards and send more online greetings. Paris Airport agreed worse lines none to man! Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought age "made" you an adult. Heck, I have relatives that are in their late 40s & early 50s that still haven't grown up and been responsible. heehee

    And I thought about the line one and amazingly enough the longest line I have ever been in was to vote in the last US Presidential election. I have voted every 4 years since I was 18, but that year was surreal. It was one of the highest voter turnouts ever [due to Mr. Obama] and the lines were long everywhere across the US. I would've waited all day to vote tho'.

    Great questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the settlement check, that is a wonderful holiday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ketchup on eggs. I am glad your settlement check is on its way. I know that can often take a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to hand deliver as many Christmas cards as I possibly can. Postage has gotten to be so expensive!

    I eat ketchup on my eggs, but my favorite is actually syrup. Maybe I should have mentioned that :)

    ReplyDelete