Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Another week has passed and time for Mrs. 4444 to let us put together the small bits of our minds into a cohesive blog post. Let the world know our randomness.

It rained yesterday. Some of you may think so what. Well for us it is major news. The drought continues and with it not being cold this winter I'm afraid it will be another record setting heat wave. We need rain as much as possible to replenish our water supply. Otherwise I can see water rationing to start the summer.

With the rain we had a cold front. It was cold and windy. We've been having warm and windy. I couldn't believe how cold I got in one day. Lucky for us after this weekend it will be back in the 70's again.

Spring break is in one more week. You know what Whitney is looking forward to? Doing laundry at home. Every time she does laundry stuff doesn't get soap out, or the clothes don't spin dry enough or the dryer won't dry it all the way.

I unfortunately have to be gone for four days during spring break for a work trip. As much as I want to get out of it, I can't. :( I'm in charge of part of the meeting and I did get out of going last year. But since I'm having to give up my Sunday to fly to the meeting, I'm taking Friday off so I can spend it with Whitney when she is home.

I'm happy that my favorite has made it to the finals of Project Runway. Mondo deserved to win in his season so hopefully he'll win this season.

Have you noticed that some tv shows were made for the DVR? The Voice is definitely in that category right now. I don't care about all the background and made for tv drama. I just want singing. So I fast forward through everything except the singing. I don't know what these judges are hearing either because they aren't doing a good job picking. If it continues I may lose interest.

Remember to set your clocks ahead on Saturday night. I really hate this part of daylight savings time. I was enjoying it being light when I got up for work. Now it will be back into the darkness. Much harder to get up.

7 comments:

  1. That is a bummer that you have to travel during spring break without your fam. I am always trying to get out of work travel and only do the minimum, so I know where you are coming from! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the daylight savings change - I wish they would just skip that whole thing. Our kids always had plenty of laundry to bring home during breaks.
    We don't have a DVR but this is the second FF post that mentioned one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is in the finals too - Austin! I think he was robbed in his season, so I am excited this go round.

    Sorry about the weather. Hopefully it will be a rainy rainy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dyalight savings time: no fun in the spring b/c you lose an hour of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill is right, there must have been a DVR theme the guys who are on this didn't know about. Is there some sort of conspiracy going on? Hope you have a great March Break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I no longer teach there is no more spring break. It's all good 'cause my non-teaching life doesn't wear me out nearly as much so I don't just wait and count the minutes until break like I used to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great friday with Whitney!

    I love my DVR also, I have no idea how I survived without it for so long??

    That lost hour of sleep just about beat me this morning. I am finally stopping by from FF.

    ReplyDelete