Monday, March 26, 2012

Make Your Own Holiday Day

Today is Make Your Own Holiday Day. Did you know there was such a day? I guess this is to let people create their own holiday just in case the multitudes of holidays don't cover what you want. Here are some examples so you will know when they are.

January 20 - Penguin Awareness Day
February 5 - National Weatherman's Day (a favorite at work)
March 9 - Panic Day
April 17 - Blah Blah Blah Day (I think I'll love this one)
May 14 - Dance Like a Chicken Day
June 29 - Waffle Iron Day
July 7 - Chocolate Day (don't you think this should be a federal holiday?)
August 29 - More Herbs, Less Salt Day (say what?)
September 2 - National Beheading Day
October 9 - Moldy Cheese Day
November 21 - False Confession Day
December 19 - Oatmeal Muffin Day

As you can see there are a variety. If you would like to see a complete list, go to this website that lists unique holidays.

So what am I naming today? Today is Cruise Pay Off Day because I made final payment on my cruise. In 12 weeks I'll be sailing the inside passage of Alaska.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Today would be "Do Everything For Everyone Else" Day at our house.

    Wait. No that's everyday at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter filled her entire years agenda with the "national" holiday for each day. We had quite a chuckle over some of them.

    I did know that today was "make your own holiday" and I liked my friend's suggestion "Stay home from work for free" Day. It would be nice to have Pooldad home for the day just because. He doesn't get a lot of the major government holidays, so an extra one in the middle of March would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete