Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Fragments - The Countdown is 4

Friday Fragments time with Mrs. 4444. Last one for me for a couple of weeks since my blog access will be limited while on vacation. I'm too cheap to purchase a blog ap and working on my blog on the ipad makes everything be a big run-on paragraph. But maybe you'll get to see a few photos from my trip.

The only drawback of my trip is I'm going to miss my blog friend Sarah as she comes back to town for some work. I so wanted to hear about the Love Museum but hopefully she'll have to come back again and we can talk about everything.

Last night's basketball game was killer. One bad goal-tending call (which the play-by-play people said was wrong) and then a last-second non-call of a foul led to a four point defeat. Which is sad because they were down so many points and came back. Here's hoping that game 3 in Miami has a better outcome.

I have purchased a new memory card for my camera. It is supposed to hold 1600 photos. I hope that is enough for two weeks. I also hope that my battery will stay charged every day. I didn't want to shell out $40 for a new one. I could half buy a new camera for that price.

This week at work has drug by so slow. My boss has been out of the country and I've got my desk cleaned off pretty good. I even got a couple of projects done that didn't need to be done for awhile. However I did get a not-nice surprise earlier this week and had to rush to get something submitted. Unfortunately it won't be done until after I leave so I've left multiple contingency letters to go with the proposal.

I have to renew one of my work ID cards and I found a flaw in the application process. I would be the only one to notice it because it is a contract number. We are waiting to hear if it really needs to be changed. If so, it will affect 100 people's application.

I'm trying to decide if I should get a new phone before my trip. Part of me would like an iphone but I hate to pay for the data plan. How many times would I use it? I could get a phone pretty similar to my current one for free. Mine keeps turning itself off for no reason and I have to take the battery out and smack it around. Otherwise it is in great shape. The screen is still really clear without many scratches.

One week and this is where I'll be.


Doing these cool things.



Real pictures will be coming soon. But these get me excited!


Mommy's Idea

6 comments:

  1. iIPhones are deceptive. They always end up costing more than you planned. Data plans, uploading stuff, checking email, etc. I know from experience. I wish instead that I had an iPad. Save your $$$ for something else like another vacation. That's my 2 cents, anway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iIPhones are deceptive. They always end up costing more than you planned. Data plans, uploading stuff, checking email, etc. I know from experience. I wish instead that I had an iPad. Save your $$$ for something else like another vacation. That's my 2 cents, anway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe and happy voyage. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer--the basketball game. Here's to better officiating at the next one.

    I say skip the smartphone if you don't really need one.

    Have a fantastic trip!!! Good luck wrapping everything up before you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an iPhone and while it is cool, I do not use 90% of the options. Looking forward to your photos, have a safe and wonderful vacation.
    *Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first droid that came out, and I love it. 2 of the boys got new phones because CH has to know where the kids are, and he can do that through latitude.
    I'm sooo jealous of your trip!

    ReplyDelete