Saturday, July 7, 2012

Movie review - First Position

Whitney wanted to see this movie at the art museum this weekend. So I took her to spend quality time bonding vet a dance movie.

For those of you who have not heard of this (if you have...wow) it is a documentary about children trying out for a huge ballet dance competition. It was at the Sundance Film Festival and I had seen the trailer before. If you appreciate dance, you need to try and find this movie.

As a former dance parent, I'm used to what kids go through...or so I thought. These kids live, eat, breathe ballet. The torture they go through is horrible
And yet they love it.

The best dancer was a 14 year old who had been adopted from Siera Leone. She was so amazing. I watched her do one turn sequence and couldn't believe someone so young could do that.

So if you are a ballet fan, please find this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment