Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics are Dominating My Life


It is a good thing the Olympics only come around every four years (well two when you think about winter ones). Because I seem to be glued to coverage. And now that you can get 10 different channels of Olympics plus everything online live, it is enough to overstimulate my brain. Our cable company got smart and have all the channels together so you don't have to remember channel numbers.

Opening Ceremonies
I may be in the minority but I didn't like them at all. I was glad we had dvr'd them because I fast forwarded through a bunch. The high points were James Bond (I love Daniel Craig and how did they get the Queen to do that) and the torch lighting. Other than that I felt like my time was wasted.

Saturday Sports
We enjoyed archery (good going American men) and fencing. Those are sports that never would be on the regular broadcast to we are lucky that they are on other channels. Men's gymnastics is always fun to watch. Boy those boys have some muscles.

Sunday Sports
I didn't get to watch too many unusual sports since we had company. But in the evening we watched the normal broadcast. They really need to change the rule that limits only two competitors from one country for the all around in gymnastics. If some of the countries have the best athletes, they should all be allowed to go for it. Every other sport lets you do that.

Monday Sports
I have the ipad going at work with the Olympics one while I work. (I am a good multitasker). Equestrian is on now. The horses are so beautiful but have seen several go down on these fences. It is a dangerous sport. Also checked out canoe although I'm not sure what the difference is between that and kayak. Hope to have some fencing and archery later today.


No comments:

Post a Comment