Monday, August 6, 2012

Cake Batter Puppy Chow

Whitney wanted to take her friends at work a treat her last day so she tried a new recipe. She loves to make puppy chow since it just microwaves but one of the girls is allergic to peanut butter. So she tried this new recipe. Super easy and delicious.

Cake Batter Puppy Chow
Courtesy of food.com

5 cups Chex cereal (she used rice)
10 ounces vanilla flavored almond bark
1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Melt almond bark according to package. Add shortening if it needs thinning. We added about a teaspoon.
Pour the cereal, cake mix, powdered sugar into a paper Bangor container with lid.
Drizzle melted almond bark over cereal and fold top of paper bag or put lid on.
Shake bag or container until cereal is evenly coated.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, MAN! I wish I hadn't seen this post! It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mary. I don't think I needed to see this either!

    ReplyDelete