Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Fragments - Goodbye September

It's Friday Fragments time. Joining up with Mrs. 4444 to put those random tidbits in my brain to good use.

Mommy's Idea

Stupid criminal of the day was the guy who tried to carjack a Porsche but didn't know how to drive a stick shift. Needless to say he didn't get far before being arrested.

Fall is trying to come to Oklahoma. It rained yesterday (thank you) and it isn't 100 degrees. However the humidity is so high the windows are fogging up as I drive to work in the morning. Oh well, I can live with that.

My Thursday nights have gotten so packed with stuff. I joined a bible study, I have three tv shows on at the same time (thank goodness one repeats later so I can dvr them all), wine tasting after work. Phew. I did watch one of the shows when I got home but still have two left. I think maybe at lunch today I'll watch one at work.

Speaking of tv, I'm undecided if I'm trying any new shows this season. The only one I'm thinking about is Nashville but it doesn't start for a couple of weeks.

Revenge starts up on Sunday night. Glee has been on for three weeks and I'm starting to lose my interest. Has it "jumped the shark"? If you haven't heard that term, then you need to Wiki it.

I got sucked into watching Dancing with the Stars. I just can't resist All-Stars versions of stuff. I just heard that Project Runway was doing a second season of allstars. Our local boy Kayne is going to be back on it. I might have to watch it for him.

We were successful in eating out of the freezer this week and I now have a few empty spaces there. I can cook this weekend and have a place to put leftovers. Now just to decide what it is to make.

Life at a small school...Whitney decided to quit her job a couple of weeks ago. She applied for one job, within two hours had an interview set up. Ten minute interview and she starts on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:


  1. Glad I learned to drive stick so the next time I steal a Porche I'll be able to get away.

    Whew

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to like Grimm, but I find it too grim, lately. I like a new show on BBC, On Being Human. None of the main characters are completely human. One is a werewolf, one is a vampire and one, a ghost. Of course, it works as long as it is played straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does qualify as a dumb criminal story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far, I am liking Revolution and am not sure about Glee. CSI was really good this last week, we will see if they can keep up the good story lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teachers were on strike the year I had driver's Ed....but the ONE day we got to actually drive I learned to drive a stick shift. It has come in handy! So I can steal a porsche??!!

    I watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy, but it is radically changing and I may have to drop that one. I am liking Revolution, the Voice and Person of Interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a preview for Revenge, so I knew it was coming up soon! We missed Big Bang on Thursday...I need to go online to see if it's on there.

    ReplyDelete