Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hodgepodge - Happy Thanksgiving!

Another week of Hodgepodge with Joyce. Happy Thanksgiving!

1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
I like white meat on turkey day and the dark meat in turkey noodle soup.

2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
This is a loaded question. I choose none of the above and maybe I'll work up the energy to WATCH someone else doing either of those activities. :)

3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I think in many cases it is better. I have several co-workers as Facebook friends and I find out all sorts of stuff about them that I never would normally. They are pretty funny people!

4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Understand that the hard things in life make the good things seem that much sweeter.

5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I avoid the stores like a plague. I've never understood the logic behind waiting in line to save some money. I never seem to want to buy anything that is on sale, plus we've never spent huge amounts of money on holidays. So the day has always seemed a waste. I spend the day usually decorating for Christmas. And I LOVE internet shopping.

6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I love black clothes. I gravitate to black tops/sweaters every time I'm in the store. I'm wearing a black shirt as I type this. But my favorite would have to be a super soft black sweater I bought years ago.

7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
That overall we are healthy.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will be on both Wednesday and Thursday nights. How many people want to go have dinner with Snoopy serving toast, jelly beans, popcorn and pretzels?

10 comments:

  1. "Understand that the hard things in life make the good things seem that much sweeter." Wise words!!

    Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Snoopy served all of the major food groups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2: I like the way you think! I haven't seen the CB Thanksgiving in a looooong time! I'll have to watch tonight!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Snoopy : ) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that Peanuts dinner. Have a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Peanuts Thanksgiving. Will have to make sure we DVR it tonight. Thanks for reminding me.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black Friday is the perfect time for pulling out the decorations and enjoying the day at home. I always wait until after Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure I can hold off until December 1st this year like I normally try to. :) I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your answer for #2! If I could get a DVD....


    You know, I've never seen A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving! Maybe I need to maker a point of it this year. Pretzels for dinner and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I love watching the Charlie Brown holiday specials.

    ReplyDelete