Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hodgepodge - Cold Hearted Snake

Time for some hodgepodge questions from Joyce.


1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?

I do not like snakes. I avoid the herpetarium at the zoo. I don't remember the last time I saw one in real life but it was a long time.

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?

I think some people are lucky. Say my child and her scratch off cards. It never fails that when I get them for Christmas she is the one to win something.

3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?

If I could be a great ice skater I would choose that. But with my skill level I would say sledding is better suited for me. My snowmen never turn out (of course we usually don't have the right snow). But I don't own any clothing that would be appropriate for playing in the snow. No boots, snow pants, waterproof anything.

I think the last I would have done was attempt to make a snowman. We don't own a sled but once when Whitney was little we did "redneck" sledding. We got a laundry basket and pushed her around in it. Let's just say we really don't have a hill to sled on either.

4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?

Here we are again with the quotes. I'm horrible at these questions. I guess it means that you are able to look back with years in between instead of seeing something that day?

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?

Last cupcake would have been at a Christmas party.

6. What's something you can't say no to?

I can't say no to answering the hodgepodge every week!

7. Are you a doodler?

Only at meetings that are totally boring. Then my doodles are more just shapes and lines. I like to put lots of dots on a piece of paper and connect them. Then color in the shapes.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My title today was inspire by the year of the snake. Which reminded me of the Paula Abdul song...Cold Hearted Snake. What can I say, my mind connects words sometimes.


6 comments:

  1. ahh - good one about saying No to Hodgepodge :)

    Good ole Paula Abdul. I saw her in concert ... talk about a lip sync performance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say no to hodgepodge either. So glad it comes in the middle of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried ice skating once...all I can say is that it wasn't pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one for #6. My boy likes to be pulled in a basket when we get any snow (which isn't often!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on #4, a hard question to answer, too deep for my brain. :o)

    Always enjoy reading everyone's different answers.

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in college we used to take trays from the dining hall and use them as sleds on the golf course. So much fun!

    #6-good answer : )

    ReplyDelete