Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for JourneyChurch


I thought today I would write about my church, JourneyChurch. I've been going there for about four years and I love going every week. I remember when I was younger, going to church seemed like a chore. I would rather sleep in than go to church. Well ever since I've been going here I never feel like that.

I love the fact that it is casual but if you dressed up you wouldn't feel out of place. People are friendly even though we have 1200 people at the service that I usher at. You can take your drinks into the auditorium. They provide free coffee, soda, water and you can purchase donuts which you can take in with you. Every week you get a guide with a handout that you can take notes from the message.

The pastor founded the church about 11 years ago and it is one of the fastest growing in the country. In fact it is the largest in our town. This week we are doing baptism and they use a big pool from Walmart. Nothing fancy but you don't have to be fancy.

They have so many different programs for children, high school, college, young adult, women. You name it, they probably have it.

But the most important part about the church is what I get out of every week's message. A feeling of peace and love and the knowledge that God loves me and wants me to succeed.

The church's motto is Ephesians 3:20 "God can go anything you know. He does it not by pushing us around, but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."

How can you go wrong with that every week?

5 comments:

  1. It's nice that you found a spiritual community that can help you grow.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! 1200 at one service??? That's amazing! Y'all must be doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So important to get that feeling of belonging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing God loves you and wants you to succeed is a wonderful message from any source.

    Happy J Day!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful place to worship!

    ReplyDelete