Saturday, April 27, 2013

X is for X Words


I knew this was going to be the hardest entry to write so I've thought about it since I signed up. I decided to look up words that start with X and figure it out from there. Did you know there is a website that lists unusual words that start with each letter of the alphabet? How helpful is that.

I found out that I'm neither xanthochroic or xanthocomic (yellow skinned or yellow haired). How often you figure I'll pull these words out again?

How about a xeme? It is a bird.

I do have xenodocheionology which is a love of hotels. Well the love is of nice hotels, not just any kind of hotel.

Oklahoma suffers from xeransis or drying up. Yes a few years of drought will make us look like the Dust Bowl.


Do you know anyone who does xyloglyphy? It is wood-carving.

And I certainly don't want to run into anyone has carries a xyster. It is a surgeon's instrument for scraping bones. Yikes that is scary.

So there you go...a little walk down the X section of the dictionary. Feel free to use any of these words in Words for Friends. You can always use a little boost when you get the X.

1 comment:

  1. I have xenodocheionology, and I would love to tell people about it but I can't figure out how to pronounce it. Swissotel in Sydney...very, very nice. Luxurious, modern and wonderful service from all staff. Wish I could afford to stay there every weekend.

    ReplyDelete