Monday, July 22, 2013

Wine and Palette

Friday night Whitney and I went to Wine and Palette thanks to free tickets she won from the radio. It's one of those places that seem to be cropping up all over the place where they walk you through step by step the painting process and everyone ends up with a painting that looks somewhat the same. And of course there is wine involved.

The evening we went there seemed to be a couple of birthday parties with lots of women. In fact, there were only two men at the place. One was obviously the boyfriend of someone and the other was a new teacher who was seeing how he should teach his class next week. He sat next to me and his painting was so good. I just kept avoiding looking at it since I was quite inadequate next to him.

Whitney and her painting

Me and my painting

Side by side
We were doing pretty well until the teacher had us do the swirls for the branches. I didn't mix my color dark enough and then I ended up with a bunch of thick sticks.

It was a fun evening to spend with my girl before she goes back to college.

1 comment:

  1. We have one of those here too. It's not the same name but the same concept. I'm pretty sure nothing I paint is going to be worth hanging up. In public anyway. Ha.
    Looks like you two had fun though!

    ReplyDelete