Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Fragments Furlough Edition

I'm joining Mrs. 4444 for another version of Friday Fragments. All are welcome to join in.


Half-Past Kissin' Time

I've spent two days hearing about furlough this and furlough that. Did you know that there is a difference between a government furlough and an administrative furlough? Yeah...the end result is the same either way. Enough already. 

On the good side we held our all staff meeting yesterday and it went very well. No negative tweets were discovered to be coming from the meeting so that's my sign of a good meeting. Plus I bribed everyone with cookies and that seemed to help.

I've blogged every day this week. Trying to make up for the missed days earlier this month.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow. I was hoping to go to the Dog Day Afternoon at the park. Not that I would take Abby but I enjoy looking at all the other dogs having fun.

Excitement in our little cul-de-sac the other night...animal control was called out. I believe I mentioned that last week there were two chickens wandering around two houses away. Seems as if they lived at that house. Our next door neighbor called animal control because there was a dead chicken in their backyard. You are allowed to have chickens in our town if they are cooped and the wings clipped. The neighbors hadn't clipped the wings so they flew the coop. And the next door neighbor's dog wasn't too happy about the visit. So one less chicken.

Dan thinks that the chickens may be why Abby has wanted to stay outside at night. If they have been flying around she is trying to protect the backyard. I guess from the chicken invasion.

We have a new fire station that is located on the main street our neighborhood is on. I thought I would hear the sirens but I don't because we are far enough back. But I know when they do leave the station because all the dogs start howling. Except ours who has never howled in her life. 

I finally passed the level in Candy Crush that I had been stuck on for a month. Now I'm not quite sure how to pass 277 but I think I'm working out the system. But I really hate these stupid bombs. If not for them I would be doing so much better.

7 comments:

  1. Just wait until you get to level 325. That one is a killer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is going on with the chickens? We have them in our neighborhood too.
    We also have pigs and that family with those pigs has three dogs that have terrible fleas. I guess the pigs have them too. Animal control is finally stepping up.
    We have a firehouse on our street and our dogs don't howl either. They get scared:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chickens and a firehouse! I think I would go nuts.
    LOL, I gave up on Candy Crush long before level 100.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad about the chickens. People should be more responsible. They are the ones that ruin it for the responsible people who take good care of their chickens. Never played Candy Crush but I see everyone I know plays it. I don't need another online addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up on Candy Crush...I was spending waaay too much time on it! Isn't it frustrating when people aren't responsible for their animals?
    We live on a busy street and the police cars & fire trucks go by all the time. I guess it's a good thing it's a "small town" so we don't hear it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I can't help you with the Candy Crush business; I've so far managed to avoid it.

    Chicken invasion....LOL!

    Glad to know you haven't been affected by furlough!

    Thanks for linking up. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me chuckle... chickens flying the coop... tee hee.

    I know what you mean about the bombs! Drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete