Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Goodbye October - It was Nice to See You - Hodgepodge

Last week of October's hodgepodge questions from Joyce. Come join the party.



1. What's something you're dealing with that might be described as tricky?

Trying to figure out where to go for Christmas. We've all taken vacations this year but not all together. So we have grand ideas but a smaller budget.

2. What's your treat of choice?

Peanut M&Ms.

3. Did you/will you carve a jack-o-lantern this month? Which real (living or dead) or fictional 'Jack' would you most like to meet in person? Why?

No jack-o-lanterns for us this year. We haven't done that in a long time. I think the last time we bought a kit so we could make a design and of course we messed it up. I never liked having to clean out the pumpkin and since it stays warm here you can't do them too early or they get moldy.

Jack the Ripper and I would be prepared and catch him. I'd be the world famous sleuth who solved the mystery.



4. In your opinion, what's the grossest sounding word in the English language?

Phlem.

5. When did your heart last skip a beat?

Last year when Dan fell and broke the bathroom sink while cutting open his chin and breaking six teeth. In the middle of the night. A night at the ER and very lucky that he didn't fall a different way and really mess up his head.

6. Monster Mash by Bobby 'Boris' Picket, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, or Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters...your favorite 'scary' tune?

Thriller of course. So many vivid images of the video. My freshman year of college I remember a group doing a big production of it and I thought wow, this is what college is all about. Yes it was right after the album came out so I'm that old.


7. It was a dark and stormy night when______________________________.

the lights went out and never came back on. (I'm taking this prompt as how to begin a scary book not what really happened.)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Daylight savings time is Sunday so an extra hour of sleep comes my way. Set your clocks back unless you happen to live outside the U.S. or in Arizona.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to that extra hour. I have been getting out super early to go to the gym, and it is pitch black. Course you pay for it in the evening with the earlier darkness, but I'm not usually out then. We could use some streetlights up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the Thriller video. It's been a long time since I've seen that.

    I love peanut MM's and I love getting the extra hour sleep.

    Phlem is a nasty word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reply to #5 (about when your heart last skipped a beat) is the scariest Hodgepodge entry I've read all day. Glad it is well behind you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary #5!

    Phlem, talk about a gross word, in every sense!

    ReplyDelete