Friday, November 8, 2013

November Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444 hosts this weekly bloghop. Check her out.


Half-Past Kissin' Time


I'll start off with the stupid criminal of the week. Police were investigating a home burglary when they heard a cell phone ringing. The screen said mom so they answered and asked whose phone it was. She said my son and gave his name. Seems he had dropped it when robbing the house. Police picked him up quite quickly after that.

Did you hear about the NYU student who got stuck between two buildings for two days? He doesn't remember how it happened. Alcohol was involved.

Gas was $2.71 this morning. Can you believe it? I just filled up earlier in the week at $2.78 so I won't need it for awhile. But filling up a tank for $30 sure feels nice.

We had a big event at work this week where several buildings' occupants are invited to mingle. They ran out of food an hour into the event. I appreciate free stuff but they really should have planned it better. I thought it was lower attended than normal too.

I'm trying to lose a few pounds so I decided the best way is to give up my glass of wine at night. Because that always seems to lead to snacking. And I'm drinking hot tea whenever I really get hungry. Both seem to be working. I also restarted using MyFitnessPal to track my calories. 

The leaves are falling off trees here now especially since we've had several rain events. Somehow with us not having any trees in our yard we are going to have to rake. Shouldn't the neighbor whose tree's leaves it is come over and take care of that for us? LOL

I think they need to get rid of Thursday night college football games. The "student athlete" ends up missing three days of classes. How is that good for their grades?

4 comments:

  1. I've never done a 5K and the weather can be a little dicey here around Thanksgiving too, but I'm registered. That's a start : )

    We're at 2.99 here, still it's nice to be under 3$! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard about the stuck student... alcohol was involved ... ya think?!

    Our neighbor thinks ALL the leaves in his yard are somebody else's. I once asked him how he could tell... he just chuckled and said 'touché." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to get serious about dieting. And yes, alcohol can pack on thepounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stupid criminal stories! I heard of more than one criminal being caught because of a lost cell phone. You think that they might start to leave those at home -- haha!
    Good luck with the diet -- I love a glass of wine at night but maybe not as much as that NYU student must have had!
    Happy FF!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete