Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's the week before Christmas Hodgepodge


Joyce is providing us with questions this week and then taking off next week for Christmas. Good for her!



1. Do you believe in miracles?

Of course there are miracles. They come in all fashion. I think most people think of medical miracles but there are so many other ways to have a miracle. God is good.

The most recent miracle was a work colleague who's husband had a massive heart attack. After 7 weeks he finally got to go home from the hospital. So many miracles involved from him being at home when he had the attack (he was scheduled to be out in the woods), to his wife being able to perform CPR while the ambulance got there, to being put into a cold induced coma to help heal his heart. He is a living miracle.

2. What's a recent fad you admit to trying?

I tried to make kale chips and absolutely hated them. I'll skip buying kale from now on.

3. Peppermint-are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite food or beverage containing peppermint?

Peppermint is ok but a little goes a long way. My favorite would be peppermint schnapps in some hot chocolate. Yummy.

4. Break the ice, on thin ice, as cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)...which phrase have you run into most recently? Explain.

When I saw this list I immediately had to think of Foreigner singing Cold as Ice. I don't think that is the answer but it brought back great memories of middle school.


5. Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home? Still friends?

I can't remember breaking or spilling anything at other people's houses but I remember one time we had a party and two little girls decided to get into nail polish in my daughter's bedroom and spilled it all over the carpet. We ended up moving the bed over the spot. We don't see them anymore but the spillage incident doesn't have anything to do with it.

6. 'Tis the week before Christmas...are you feeling more like Buddy the Elf or the Grinch before his heart grew?

I don't think I'm ever like the Grinch so I'm going with Buddy. He's a little more hyper than I ever get but that could be all the sugar he's on.

7. Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm looking forward to having 10 days off of work. The best part of working for a university!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Jesus IS the reason for the season! I have read a few posts now and it seems a few of us have had makeup and nail polish mishaps with our daughters! ha! Enjoy time off work and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't like care chips either.. i haven't tried them but they don't sound appealing! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind kale so much if it's steamed like spinach, but the chips-ick! Enjoy your ten days off and have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete