1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
I usually don't think right away in the morning (that sounds funny doesn't it?) But I do know if something positive is said or happens within the first hour of work the day seems good. So that would support this statement. I think I told myself I look good in the new sweater I put on. It had sparkles in it! That's got to brighten anyone's day, right ladies?
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I so want to karaoke but I've never done it in public. Only at home on the machine we bought Whitney years ago. And now that machine is gone. So no singing for me. Perhaps if I had a couple of drinks I would join in? I'm sure I wouldn't sound any better.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
Why all the fuss about cold weather? It is winter people. This is what happens when we have mild winters for a few years and then wham we go back to normal or a little below. They call them averages because there are temps above and below the average. We are just in some below average times.
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I used to do jigsaw puzzles a lot and I keep seeing people talk about them and I'm thinking I need to go buy one. I like the Charles Wysocki ones. I used to buy them on ebay. I also like sudoku. I used to do that all the time in books but now that I have an app for it, I just never think to do it.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Well we've always been equal just nobody every treated each other that way. It does seem that she is a little extreme though. How about we treat each other equally civilized?
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
Well the last product I wanted to try, I bought. Have you seen the Cheezit Grooves? I bought a box of white cheddar (ok) and cheddar ranch (delicious).
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a link to a character list if you need help on this one.
I don't like Alice in Wonderland at all so I don't want to meet any of them. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I see where the A-Z Blog Challenge signups are up and running. I'm contemplating doing this again but I think to do it well you have to have a theme. I'm open to suggestions on a theme.