Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hodgepodge


1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?

At work, heck yeah I am. In fact if people underestimate me, they are in for a mess of trouble.

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?

Christmas and fireplaces.

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?

I've only had kiwi of the list and it's ok. Pomegranate only graces a martini...very seldom anymore. Not sure if I want to try any of them.

4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?

Shouldn't that be our adage all the time...do the right thing?

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.

I cross country skied one time when I lived in Wisconsin. Most of the snow had melted so we could only go around in circles in the school parking lot. I think I'm too old to learn how to ski now although it certainly looks exhilarating.

I've been to Whistler in the summer once. But I'd love to go to Switzerland. We have a researcher who is from there and just came back bringing chocolates!

6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)

A replacement fax machine for my boss. We have a few thermal imaging cartridges and he needs a new fax machine but it seems like they don't make the brand anymore. I really hope it will last until we use up these cartridges or else that is wasted money.

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?

I haven't been inspired at all. But I'm not really looking to be inspired so maybe that's it?

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I've started cooking recipes from my new cookbooks. First one was from Michael Symon's 5 in 5. It ended up tasting good but wasn't pretty or looking anything like his. It was an egg in avocado that you fry. I never thought to cook an avocado but it turned out really tasty. He also made it on The Chew so you can follow the link to see what it should have looked like.

Have you tried the holiday M&M's? I got the red velvet ones and they are really good. Normally I'm disappointed with the other flavors but this one has me won over.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the holiday M&M's I'll have to give it a look. Though I'm all about peanut m&m's....of course being a diabetic I shouldn't even be eating any at all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of how great the chocolate must be in Switzerland too :)
    I haven't tried the new M&Ms since I am now dairy free. Only extra dark chocolate is allowed but I bet the red velvet are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red velvet M&M's...never heard of them. But I'd like to try them. I like the coconut M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red velvet M&M's...I'll definitely keep my eyes open for those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, here I am thinking about those red velvet m & m's again : ) I love Teuschers chocolate which is Swiss. I can get it in Manhattan at a shop in Rockefeller Plaza-they import it weekly. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven`t tried the new M&M`s however since my son is an M and his wife is an M they had M&M`s as their wedding favor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red velvet M&Ms? That sounds so yummy! I think I need to add that to the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete