Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444 is hosting us again. Go see what everyone is up to this week.


Half-Past Kissin' Time


I think something in our town is against Mexican restaurants. Last fall the Taco Bueno near my house had a fire and they have finally torn it down. A few weeks ago the On the Border near the interstate burned down. If I were a Mexican chain restaurant, I would think twice about being open.

Stupid criminal of the week is the guy who drove drunk to the police station and insisted that he wanted a place to sleep. Well they gave it to him alright.

Spring break starts a day early here (parent/teacher conference day is today) so Dan is off on a trip to visit his cousin. Whitney comes home tonight and then I leave Sunday to go to DC for a work meeting. Abby is going to be so confused with the changes. As a senior citizen dog she just doesn't like change anymore. Although I'm sure a few treats will help ease her mind.

I read on Rebecca Jo's blog about her ringtone. Does anyone else have specific ones for people? Dan's is Thunderstruck and Whitney's is Whine Up. That probably sounds strange but they each have a specific meaning. I love being able to tell who is calling without even having to look at the caller id screen. My regular one is Raise Your Glass. Probably time to come up with some new ones.

Last night on the Tonight Show, they had the cutest video. Jimmy Fallon was talking about a viral video of strangers kissing (which I hadn't heard of) so he made one with puppies and kittens. Cute overload.

Video is from Tonight Show Channel

I'm dealing with a vendor at work that keeps sending me a bill for something that we returned months ago. I have talked to the company six times (yes every month) and they continue to send me a bill. I refuse to pay. They need to get this fixed fast because I think we are going to have to order from them again and I can't have this screw up that order.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy sunshine (I hope) and spring break if you get one!

6 comments:

  1. Spring break is almost over here and there was no spring just snow again. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute video!

    I have a special ring for when my hubby texts me. I haven't set the others up yet. Usually, I have a special ring tone for each of my girls and my hubby. Need to get to that. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the personalized ring tone thing but I found I prefer to 'be surprised' when I look at the screen. That's weird, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - that's weird... they were talking about that exact video right when I pulled your blog up :)
    Insert freaky music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a personalized ring tone, but hubs informed me this morning I need a new alarm tone. I use my phone alarm on boot camp days since he normally isn't up that early. He said when my alarm rings he feels like someone put the paddles on him and shocked him back to life. I guess it's obnoxious?

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to take the time to set up some ringtones; I lost all of mine when I got my new phone last summer.

    The video was great! Jimmy Falon is so talented!

    Thanks for linking up. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete