Monday, June 23, 2014

Couscous with Tomato and Thyme

This summer I decided to grow rosemary and thyme along with my basil. I have no idea what to use it for. So I'm trying to be creative and come up with reasons to use fresh herbs. The thyme and rosemary are growing like crazy. Unfortunately my basil isn't doing as well.

So I made my own creation and I liked it.

Couscous with Tomato and Thyme

1/3 cup uncooked couscous
1/2 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
pinch of salt
2 sprigs fresh thyme
10 cherry tomatoes-halved
1/2 lemon

Cook the couscous according to directions but add in the thyme leaves when cooking. After cooked, put in bowl along with cherry tomatoes and juice from the lemon. Add salt and pepper if needed. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the couscous.

This can be served hot or cold.


3 comments:

  1. I've never made couscous - I need to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. The only couscous I have had is the store bought brand with seasonings, might have to give this a try!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge couscous fan, but damn if that doesn't look good. Maybe I need to reconsider...

    ReplyDelete