Better late in the day than never to join Joyce with this week's hodgepodge questions.
1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
I hate to say it but I really don't have any exciting weekends from the summer. We didn't do a vacation or anything exciting.
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
Love the most is my current job. Liked the least would be when I was a data entry operator entering oil and gas records into a computer...back when they only were green screens.
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
School starts in August here. I think that is fine. Our high school starts at 9 but you can take "zero" hour and get an extra course in early. I don't think it should start any later than that.
4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
Not sure I have an answer to this one.
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Too much work on my part and not enough fun.
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
Like both but I would choose lobster. Lobster ravioli is really tasty.
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. It allows you to think outside the box.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was my birthday. I had work meetings in the morning but in the afternoon I spent time shopping all by myself. I added to the swimsuit I bought over the weekend a new pair of shorts and a pair of flip flops for the Hawaii trip that is now one month away. I'd better start working on my packing lists!