Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444 is fighting through her recovery and still hosting our weekly wrapup. Go you!


Half-Past Kissin' Time

I realized this week it had been probably 10 years since I lost bought a bathing suit. And I've lost 20 pounds since then. I did find my old suit and while the top is servicable the bottoms feel like they have about a foot of extra fabric. (Not really but they are rather large). So I will be trying to find one this weekend amidst all the clearance sales. I'm hoping I'm not too late.

Monday evening I attended an event at Whitney's sorority. They wanted moms and alums to come and help the girls practice talking to new people before they had recruitment. So I went and spent a lovely evening with her sisters. Whitney was in charge of the event and it was so nice to see her in action. Boy do I love that girl and am so proud of her.

Since it is just now two of us for dinner, I'm back to barely cooking. I had bought a Pad Thai mix a few months ago and finally made it this week. And it was so good. I'm not kidding. It was almost as good as stuff you get at restaurants. Dan even liked it. So I will be buying more of the mix.

The blind we ordered for the bedroom came and it looked horrible. Lucky for us Levolor has a 30 day no questions asked guarantee. So we went and picked out a different blind, paid the difference and hopefully it will be here next week. I'm getting tired of having a sheet covering the windows.

When did people start calling group think meetings "advances" or "futures" instead of "retreats". Semantics aside, it still is the same thing. I get to go to my second one of these next week. And because this one is with the federal government, they aren't providing lunch for a two day meetings. At least the college one did...and a wine/beer reception at the end. 

And day two of that so called "futures" meeting is my birthday. And I have to go because I'm on a panel. I'm leaving at noon and they can't stop me. I've made my stand!

Sorry no stupid criminal this week. I just didn't hear about any.


6 comments:

  1. I hope you find a bathing suit. Congrats on losing the 20 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck suit shopping :)

    I really like that idea of the sorority moms helping the young ladies get some practice.

    Have a happy birthday next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for losing 20 pounds! That's so hard. Bathing suit shopping sucks no matter what size you are though, I have to say. Those dressing room lights are just not flattering. Have a cocktail first - you'll feel better :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of having moms and alumni come in and give the girls some practice and tips is a wonderful idea. I was in a sorority and we didn't have anything like that. It would have been a good idea to have some of that adult guidance, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great for you for losing those 20 pounds! I'm sure you'll find a suit on the summer sales! I think its been a good 10 years since I've been in a bathing suit and probably would have to buy up a size if I had to get a new one, so good for you that you get to go down a size! What a nice event to attend at your daughter's soriority! Sounds like it was enjoyed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't like buying bathing suits, but I try to get one at the end of every season because I do swim a lot. Congratulations on losing 20 lbs!!

    How great that you got to experience that with your daughter at her sorority!

    ReplyDelete