Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444 is recovering nicely from rotator cuff surgery. If you know anyone who is about to do it, she had a great post on what to expect. I highly recommend it.

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Friday Friday Friday! I'm so happy it's Friday!

I'm leaving town Sunday for a few days in San Diego for the Society of Research Administrators annual meeting. I know you are all wishing you could go listen to talks on cost-sharing, patents, intellectual property, F&A rates, clinical trials and so much more. I actually do enjoy listening to some of this stuff and glean a few nuggets of information to help me in my job. Plus it is at the Hotel del Coronado which is gorgeous. I'll probably get lost in it.


Just look at this place

Stupid criminal this week was a guy who tried to shoplift a bottle of wine from a store. He was a little drunk and while running out of the store he ran into a display and knocked himself out. Since he didn't get out of the store he couldn't be charged with shoplifting. No word on how many other charges he did receive.

Whitney comes home for fall break tomorrow. We are going for sushi (so happy she likes this now) and some shopping. I've got to spend my Kohl's cash before I leave town. In the three and half days she is home she has to get her oil changed, go to the doctor, get a haircut, study for a test, do a bunch of work and relax. She also wants to bake pumpkin bread.

I made homemade marinana sauce last weekend and we finally had it last night. I'm not sure why we don't do this more often. It is so much better than a jar. We got a couple of sausages and put it all on a bit of pasta. Yummy.

While we were at our meeting in Honolulu, the group provided us with lunch. A traditional bento box lunch. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen.


And I leave you with my attempt at a panoramic shot from my phone in Hawaii. We were at the edge of the ocean and I just had to try it.


7 comments:

  1. The Hawaii picture is awesome, phone or not. It's just awesome. I hope your conference is as fun as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from FF. Whitney sounds like she will have a busy fall break!
    That photo of Hawaii is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hotel does look huge.
    I love homemade sauce (gravy) and always try to keep some in the freezer. It is even better left over.
    Wow Whitney does have a full schedule.
    Hawaii looks amazing, I need to get back for a visit!
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the panorama app yet, yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the panorama app yet, yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--that photo location looks heavenly...

    Hope your meeting in San Diego wasn't all work and no play!

    The stupid criminal story cracked me up :)

    Thanks for linking up. Sorry it took me forever to get over here!

    ReplyDelete