Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Fragments

Mrs. 4444 is giving me the prod to get some kind of blog writing done this week. After last week's success I'm such a loser this week.

Half-Past Kissin' Time


After 70 degrees earlier this week that saw me doing my walk outside our the lake in our neighborhood, Thursday morning had a dusting of snow on the ground. Ah weather, you make me giggle.

On the above mentioned walk, I decided to try and run some of it. Last year I mentioned I wanted to actually run a 5K not just walk it and I didn't get anywhere with that one. So I did some running on Monday and it went really well. I'm in much better shape and didn't get as winded. The next three days though my thighs were going to die every time I got up and down in a chair. Wowser. I won't be running on the treadmill but when it is nice I need to maybe start it outside.

The Christmas stuff is finally down. Somehow I lost one of my s'more ornaments and I was extremely puzzled. Hopefully it will show up next year when I unpack them. Snowmen continue to be around my house though since winter goes through February.

I've been looking at my work trips that will be coming up this year. Quite a diverse group of places to go. And that doesn't even take into account vacation spots. I just might be able to use my frequent flyer miles for a free ticket this year!

We have a big deadline next week for some proposals we are submitting. 12 of them all due the same day to the same announcement. Needless to say we will not be getting funding for most of them but it is good for people to submit.

3 comments:

  1. Its always nice to have some pleasant weather days in the middle of winter, gives us hope for spring :) Sounds like some nice business trips ahead :) Good look with all the proposals; lots of work to get them ready I am sure!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the proposals. I'm curious to know what you mean by "to the same announcement"?

    Here's hoping for some nice 5K prep weather Good luck with that, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear where all you're going!

    ReplyDelete