Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Month Two - Winter Reading Challenge

Oh my, I was a busy reader last month. I knew I read a lot but this seems like a really large list.

Vegas Vacation by Crystal Jordan
Jane Austen Girl by Inglath Cooper
Forever and Always by Jasinda Wilder
Reinventing Mona by Jennifer Coburn
Beyond the Waves by Lynnette Bonner
Fire at Twilight by Lila Ashe
Reservations for Two by Anne Patrick
Secrets of the Heart by Laurie LeClair
Saving Forever by Lexy Timms
Let Me Love You by Kristin Miller
Outback Hearts by Susan Stoker
Loving Lauren by Jill Sanders
Losing Faith by Jeremy Asher
Breaking Up with Barrett by Katy Regnery
Operation Cinderella by Hope Tarr
Make it Rain by Terri Marie
Hidden Moon Bay by Vickie McHeehan
A Woman of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert
Winter in Sweetwater County by Ciara Knight

After last month, I had several people comment on how much I read and wondered how I did it. The answer is three-fold.

1. I read at least one hour a day and probably more. I read on my lunch hours and when I walk on the treadmill at the gym. I get free e-books and have them on my ipad. It helps the exercising go faster.

2. I don't read intricate books that take concentration. Let's face it...look at those titles and tell me that anything was in depth. I read romance and chick books.

3. I speed read. When I was young I learned how to do this. It really works well on these type of books. My speed reading is really a skimming technique. You don't really need all those words you know (i.e. the/and/a; descriptive terms, etc.). I really can skim and get the gist of a story. This technique does not work on anything where you have lots of characters or need to follow a story closely. But since all the books I read end up in a similar fashion, I don't have to follow closely.

And that's month two of the reading challenge people. I can't wait to count the books for next month. It won't be impressive since I won't have almost two weeks off of work during that time.






















2 comments:

  1. That was an impressive list. I know what you mean about speed reading; I can read a Danielle Steele book like that and still get the "gist" of what is going in the plot line (plus her plots are always so similar, LOL). It is good sometimes to read books that are "mindless" and 'relaxing"; I do it all the itme.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That BLOWS MY MIND!!!!! Good for you!!!
    So which one was your favorite? :)

    ReplyDelete