Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Late Hodgepodge

I wasn't going to do it but then it just called out to me and said "Fill Me In" so I'm filling it in. :)


1. Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
We watched the sport of weather forecasting. You didn't know that is a sport? Here in Oklahoma it sure is when the weather gets bad. It is a race for which tv station can show a tornado first.

2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-


"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."


Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?


I think we take freedom for granted in the USA. But it is certainly something that you shouldn't because it can all change on a dime.

3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?

Lightning strike really close to the house.

4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?

I had some Reese's peanut butter cups this afternoon that someone brought me as a bribe to help them with a proposal. They were tasty and the bribe helped.

5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?

When we were in London and rode the tube during rush hour. Boy can they pack them in.

6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?

I'm pretty good at packing for a trip. I used to make extensive lists but then I started travelling more and just remembered what I needed. I do seem to forget something though each time. I tend to overpack especially on business because I need both business wear in the day and comfy clothes at night.

7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?

I bought Dan a small pack of tickets to the OKC Dodgers (our AAA baseball team). We went to opening night in April and it was packed. The Dodgers won and are really doing well this year.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The rain continues to come down and we are officially the wettest month EVER. Supposedly it should be nice next week. I've enjoyed not being too hot but I can do without the humidity. Even on the days it isn't raining it is so humid that it feels like it is raining.

1 comment:

  1. I almost picked lightning as well. It struck the ground right in front of me one time. Scariest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete