Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Hodgepodge - This Means I'm Still Kicking!
So it's been six months since I last wrote. I'm still alive and kicking. More later about what has happened during this time.
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
That I'm still in Oklahoma. I came her to go to college more than 30 years ago and I've never moved. Since I moved so much while a child I never imagined I would live in one place my whole adult life.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry,Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
Well I've been known to use awesomesauce, buttdial and brain fart before. Ridiculous would be fatberg.
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?
I love gravy on mashed potatoes. We always make from scratch for Thanksgiving (that's Dan's job).
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain.
I think you always need a plan but need to be flexible on it. Many a planned vacation can come apart if you aren't flexible.
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?
Monopoly is not a favorite game of mine. Which is funny since I work with money. I've always found that if you don't compromise on trading properties you can never get ahead in that one so I don't like playing. We have the original game. I've never been to Atlantic City. Only railroad I've been on was the one in Alaska.
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
I'm terrible on lyrics and titles so nothing comes to mind.
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So six months and so much to write about. I hope that I can do a big wrap up and catch people up. Please know that I do read all your blogs still. I have problems when I make comments because I get lots of returned email but I love reading them.